5 Recipes You Can Make Using Only A Gas Stove Top:
1. Soup. This is a pretty obvious one for a snowstorm, and there are so many options to choose from! I absolutely love this roasted red bell pepper soup from the gals-cooking blog. Instead of oven-roasting the peppers, just smoke them over an open flame on the gas stove top. Make sure to cut all the pieces fairly small as you will not be able to blend it smooth later if you have no electricity. I also like to add a dash of balsamic vinegar to this soup, as it really compliments all the “red” flavors it’s got going on. [The site is in Hebrew, but Google translate is pretty useful (and entertaining)].
2. Gnocchi. A fancy food that requires no oven! I think it would be super romantic to make this with Mr. Graceful while there’s a blizzard outside. As long as the baby sleeps. Yuval’s recipe suggests baking the potatoes in salt to improve their texture, but seeing as we’re prepping for a snowstorm I think boiling would work as well. [Use Google translate here as well].
3. Banana Pancakes. This is actually one of my recipes! Completely vegan and 100% delicious. Just make the fruit sauce that goes with it in a small pot instead of in the oven.
4. Chickpea pancake. Made in a skillet. As Angela says, the flavor can be an acquired taste for some but she gives amazing tips on how to make it the best it can be.
5. Tofu fingers. Alma makes these baked and they actually turn out pretty good that way, but they can certainly be fried as well. To make the coating stick, make a thick mixture of cornstarch and water, and dunk the tofu pieces in it before coating.